Effective 1st January 2015, it will be a requirement for all students who intend on undertaking vocational qualification training at any Registered Training Organisation (RTO) or Australian University or Tafe to register for a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
A USI account will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards.
The purpose of a USI is to link an individual’s account to a National Vocational and Training (VET) database, allowing an individual to see a complete record of all their training results with any provider, in any state or territory throughout your life . In doing so it will make it easier for students to find and collate their achievements in a single authenticated transcript and ensure that training records are never lost.
The following points to remember:
- USI numbers must be created by any student enrolled in nationally recognised training.
- It is free and easy for you to create your own USI.
- You can access your records using personal computers, tablets, smart phones anywhere and anytime, giving you the ability to see, send or print out your training records when applying for a job or further training.
- Students must logon to www.usi.gov.au and follow the links to create their USI. Driveway Training Pty Ltd cannot create USI numbers for students unless they contact us and provide prior authorisation.
- Once a student has created their USI they must contact Driveway Training Pty Ltd on 07 47250354 or in person at 10 Burgess Street, Annandale 4814 to record their number with a member of our staff.
- If students do not record their USI with Driveway Training Pty Ltd, it will delay the time it takes for them to receive their award and/or results of assessment.
More information about USI numbers can be found online at www.usi.gov.au.
This is a Commonwealth Government initiative.